Our parent company, Crawford & Company, is currently seeking licensed, qualified property claims adjusters to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Adjusters are needed for immediate deployment to Texas for three or more weeks.
As a field adjuster, you may be required to:
- Contact policy holders
- Set up appointments
- Inspect losses
- Determine covered damages and write estimates
- Take photos
- Apply coverage terms (limitations, exclusions, etc.)
- Write short form reports
- Upload all documents to Xactimate
- Make corrections to prior submissions when necessary
Please be aware of the following:
- There are no expense accounts which means adjusters are responsible for their own lodging, meals, and incidentals.
- Compensation is directly tied to revenue production (usually 60% to the adjuster).
- Crawford pays the employer's portion of payroll taxes.
The job categories include:
- Field Adjusting - Commercial, Residential, and Auto Losses
- Must work seven days a week (set your own hours)
- Inside Desk Review or Telephonic Adjusting
- Usually requires working in client’s office in Jacksonville, FL; Chesapeake, MD; Phoenix, AZ; Chicago, IL; or another location.
Adjusters must be:
- "Self-contained" with a vehicle, ladder, measuring device (tape or laser), laptop, camera, and more
- Proficient in Xactimate (Crawford to supply software)
- Available for deployment within a few days... ideally, 24 hours
- Able to stay on site for three to six weeks or more
- Friendly and responsive to insureds and insurers
- Able to climb to measure & diagram roofs
- Licensed in Texas or meet Texas standards for temporary permit
- Able to pass a criminal background check, motor vehicle check and drug screening
Auto Adjusters must also:
- Have a general understanding of auto estimating, total loss evaluations and the percentage of damage required to total a vehicle in Texas.
- Have a general understanding of the logistics involved with vehicle title transfer (e.g. required forms, lien holder protection)
- Be knowledgeable about vehicle salvage handling, disposal and Texas salvage title requirements
- Possess the ability to negotiate settlements at ACV and secure proper documentation (e.g. Auto Proof of Loss)
If you're interested in this opportunity and meet all of the above qualifications, please contact Crawford Catastrophe Services at 1-800-221-3509. This number will be staffed 8am to 7pm ET. When you call, please mention that you are a WeGoLook Looker interested in opportunities for CAT Adjusters.